.NET Framework 4.0 Not Found

Question

• I have Windows Developer Preview on My Dell Precision M6600. When installing the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack (APP_WIN_R312092.EXE), I get the following error:

Dell Feature Enhancement Package requires .NET Framework 4.0 (Client Profile or Full) to be installed on the target system. Please rerun the setup after installing .NET 4.0 Framework.

I have tried installing Windows 7.1 and .NET Framework 4.0 SDK as well as Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, hoping that these installations would install the correct version of the .NET Framework.

Any ideas?

Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can download .NET Framework 4.0 from the following location to see if it helps.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer)
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17113

Please reply back and let us know your status.

Marilyn
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:02 AM
  • I already tried installing .NET Framework 4.0 Full and Client Profile and the installers both advised me that .NET Framework 4.0 was already installed and would not proceed.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Windows8 includes .Net Framework 4.5. Make sure it is activated in the ControlPanel->Programs & Features->Turn Windows Features on or off.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, December 30, 2011 4:26 PM
  • I've done that.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Does the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack now work? If not wait for the Windows 8 beta and ask Dell to make the software compatible.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:00 PM