Looking to create and interactive ebook.

• I've been creating children's ebooks for awhile now, but I'd like to turn them into something more interactive. They are currently coded in straight HTML5, with embedded audio and fonts. I've got VS 2012 Ultimate, and I'm just wondering which template would be my starting point. I'm leaning toward the Navigation App template, but I'm not sure this is the best way to go. Any help would be appreciated.

What I'm looking to create would be something similar to the 100th day of school app in the windows Phone store currently.

Thank you.

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:33 PM

• Hi,

I suggest you using single-page navigation. Using the single-page navigation provides better performance and provides a more app-like experience. Windows Store apps using JavaScript don't automatically provide navigation controls, so when you perform a top-level navigation to a new page, there's no way to get back to the first page unless you create a link or other navigation mechanism that takes you back. Also, your start page is the place to define how your app manages its lifecycle: how it behaves when it starts up, shuts down, is suspended, and so on. If you have multiple top-level pages, each one must contain logic for managing the app's lifecycle and state.

#Quickstart: Using single-page navigation (Windows Store apps using JavaScript and HTML) (Windows)

#Navigation and navigation history sample

MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Friday, March 01, 2013 8:50 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:38 AM