none
Anti virus detect my c#.net application as a virus RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a windows application with c#.net when i coppy the application to end user machine anti virus detect it as a virus.

Thanks

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:08 PM

Answers

• From the virus's information page, this kind of virus will infect all files that is not protected by SFC, and pay no attention to whether it's .NET EXE or not.

As for why the virus does not infect the VB files, maybe it's because you don't run them directly? (Some virus register itself as Shell handler for exefile, so if you never run an EXE file through Explorer directly, it's not seen by virus)

Btw, from the virus's description, it's also a good time for you to choose a stronger (read: less common) password.

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:45 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi mm_shariff,

Different anti virus have different rules to detect which application is a virus. There are some common rules.

1. Your application want to run at startup of machine.
    2. Your application want to modify the registry.
    3. Your application is not a
    digitally signed.

You could tell your users to approve the trust your application in the anti virus or contact the antivirus companies to whitelist your application. You can also signing your application(you need a public certificate, ex. VeriSign).

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 30, 2015 2:45 AM
  • thank you for your reply  let me explain more , when i copy the application to target machine it works fine , after a while size of application increase and the application did not work, and finally anti virus see my application as a virus and ask me to clean when i clean the size decrease but the application did not work any more. any other exe in same folder with my application work fine.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:24 AM
  • The mystical increase in EXE file size does seem to be a sign of being infected, and since the default loader of the .NET EXE is replaced by virus, the .NET framework cannot run the JIT and therefore the EXE fails to run.

You're advised to perform clean boot from CD or USB and run full system virus scan there to find out what kind of virus is currently running in your system.

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:31 AM
    Answerer
  • I make full scan for this system by kaspersky 2015 and no virus found but still have same problem , this problem happened only with dot net application but there is an application created by visual basic 6 in same folder and it works fine.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Maybe you can try upload the "probably infected" file to sites like this one to check.

Friday, October 30, 2015 7:43 AM
    Answerer
  • I have two application do same thing, one of them developed by visual basic 6 and the other is developed by vs 2010. I coped both application to target machine and but them in same folder both application work fine , after a while dot net application size increase and stop working also anti virus see it as infected file but visual basic 6 application work fine with no error , when i copy a dot net application fresh copy from my machine it works fine for a while and stop again . This machine is protected with Kaspersky 2015 anti virus and i make full scan for this machine and no thread found, now the question is why dot net application infected with the virus and visual basic 6 did not ?
    Friday, October 30, 2015 9:26 AM
  • I upload the file the web site and scan it, The file is infected with Alamn.b.virus.wind32. The question is why only dot net application is infected but other exe application in same folder did not?

In this folder i have visual basic application do same function as dot net application and it works fine it is not infected, why only dot net application do that?

Friday, October 30, 2015 10:11 AM
  • May be virus design for .Net application. Instead of working on virus detail, clean your computer from virus and recompile your application. I use the avast antivirus which is free for home edition. You can use that. It'll clean your computer.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 1:14 PM
  • I already full scan the computer with more than one anti virus with updated database, still same problem.  
    Friday, October 30, 2015 2:01 PM
  • Hi mohamed_sh,

According to your description, your application is infected with Alamn.b.virus.wind32.

>>why dot net application infected with the virus and visual basic 6 did not?

Computer viruses have their own rules. Now you need to remove this virus completely. I suggest you unplug the network cable, start your computer using Safe Mode then run a scan.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:35 AM
  • From the virus's information page, this kind of virus will infect all files that is not protected by SFC, and pay no attention to whether it's .NET EXE or not.

As for why the virus does not infect the VB files, maybe it's because you don't run them directly? (Some virus register itself as Shell handler for exefile, so if you never run an EXE file through Explorer directly, it's not seen by virus)

Btw, from the virus's description, it's also a good time for you to choose a stronger (read: less common) password.

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:45 AM
    Answerer