Read the content of Excel Binary File (.XLSB) file using EPPlus library or any other dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

My requirement is to read the Excel binary file content into a data table and then process the content further. I am trying to do it using EPPlus library but it is accepting only .XLS or .XLSX files. But it is not taking .XLSB file. 

Are there any such dlls where I want to read the content of the excel file on the PC where MSOffice is not installed and excel file is not stored in the disk. I.e. without using any Interop.Excel or Office.OLED  etc. Any such dlls which are not of a trial version dlls or any code piece is highly appreciable. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Jyothirmayi,

we can read Excel binary file using Interop.Excel, but you don't want to use it as the MS Office is not installed on that machine.

when there is no Office installed, in this situation generally we use Open XML.

but sadly Open XML does not support Binary file.

so currently there is no any DLL that is officially provided by the Microsoft to read the binary Excel file.

if you think that this feature should be provided by the Microsoft Excel then you can try to submit your feedback to Excel user voice.

so if there are plenty of request for this feature then they can try to provide the solution for this issue in future.

Welcome to Excel’s Suggestion Box!

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 2:34 AM