Paste Append Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying paste data (paste append) in a existing table from a excel sheet. When I try this operation after 2.110.000 rows, it shows the detailed error below.

I'm working with W7 SP1 64bit, Excel 2010.

============================

Error Message:

An unexpected error occurred (file 'xmencode.cpp', line 1738, function 'XMDataEncoder::TrimLastSegment').
    ----------------------------
    The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
    An error occurred during pipeline processing.
    Pasting data failed.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteRawCaptureLogInBackground(OperationType type, Boolean cancellable)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteCaptureLogAndProcessResults(OperationType type, Boolean cancellable, Boolean raw)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteCustomBuiltXmla(OperationType type, OperationCancellability cancellable, XmlWriterCode code)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.EndPushingData(String sessionId, Dimension dimension, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PushData(String sessionId, Dimension dimension, PushedDataSource pushedDataSource, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PasteAppendReplaceTable(DataModelingTable table, String htmlContent, Boolean useExcelFormat, Boolean firstRowAsHeaders, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PasteAppendReplaceTable(DataModelingTable table, String htmlContent, Boolean useExcelFormat, Boolean firstRowAsHeaders, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PasteAppendTable(DataModelingTable table, String htmlContent, Boolean useExcelFormat, Boolean firstRowAsHeaders, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.PasteAppendTable(DataModelingTable table, String htmlContent, Boolean useExcelFormat, Boolean firstRowAsHeaders, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap)
    at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.ClientWindow.PasteAppendFromClipboardClicked()

Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

What's the version of your PowerPivot for Excel?

The crash occurred when the resulting data segment exceed 2 million rows after pasted new data into the existing PowerPivot table, likely due to the overflow of the built in row identifier. One workaround is set an existing column to Unique so we can use this unique column as the row identifier instead of using the built in row identifier.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Daniel Lial Friday, January 4, 2013 10:59 AM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 7:23 AM
  • I installed the new version of powerpivot (11.xx.x.xxx...) and it seems solved.  Anyway, thanks for the help.
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Lial Friday, January 4, 2013 10:58 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

What's the version of your PowerPivot for Excel?

The crash occurred when the resulting data segment exceed 2 million rows after pasted new data into the existing PowerPivot table, likely due to the overflow of the built in row identifier. One workaround is set an existing column to Unique so we can use this unique column as the row identifier instead of using the built in row identifier.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Daniel Lial Friday, January 4, 2013 10:59 AM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 7:23 AM
  • SQL PowerPivot for Excel 32 Bit 10.52.4000.0

How can I do this? Should I create a column before paste data in the table, isn't it? If so, I'll have much work... I'm copying data from several files. Is there any way to create a unique column in the current state? (Sorry, I'm discovering that tool yet...)

Thanks in advance for your patience and help...

Friday, December 28, 2012 11:33 AM
  • I installed the new version of powerpivot (11.xx.x.xxx...) and it seems solved.  Anyway, thanks for the help.
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Lial Friday, January 4, 2013 10:58 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 10:58 AM