locked
HTTP Error 500.19 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Week later, still trying to publish. Ain't nobody got time for this. Did Lightswitch fail to edit the web.config?
    Shouldn't the deploy have re-written _IntrinsicData to local\SQLEXPRESS?
    The first image is from IIS7 trying to open the Configuration editor





    • Edited by MrGlimm Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:19 AM

Answers

  • Somehow I missed that there actually was a second reference to the trace handler. I removed this and things got moving.
    The original error I believe was caused by trying to publish the application as a Web Service only, instead of a Complete application, thinking I could just get web publishing to work that way for the client. This was not copying the proper content to IIS
    Your answer was valid for the code I posted though, thanks for your help Ian
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:55 AM

All replies

  • Oh this peach too, we're gettin deep! This started happening while trying to get this website working
    • Edited by MrGlimm Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:39 AM
  • I had this problem before and it was caused by spaces in the applicationName in the Membership, Role and Profile providers.

    Remove the spaces from applicationName + delete you browser cache and you should be good to go.

    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:31 PM
  • Well I've seen the instruction regarding Roles, but I'm using Windows 7, where would I check the name?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:47 AM
  • This is in your web.config. It should look like:

       <membership defaultProvider="AspNetMembershipProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="TransportBeta" requiresUniqueEmail="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" />
          </providers>
        </membership>
        <roleManager enabled="True" defaultProvider="AspNetRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="TransportBeta" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>
        <profile enabled="True" defaultProvider="AspNetProfileProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="TransportBeta" />
          </providers>
          <properties>
            <add name="FullName" />
          </properties>
        </profile>



    • Edited by Ian E Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:39 AM

  • Ok, here is my mine now, which did fix the proper application name I hadn't noticed, thank you for that. I disabled Access Control just to see but still same error after republishing. Disabling removed this section, but the intellisense error for "True" persists after I re-enabled (as in my second posted picture)

    <membership defaultProvider="AspNetMembershipProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="tRkr" requiresUniqueEmail="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" />
          </providers>
        </membership>
        <roleManager enabled="True" defaultProvider="AspNetRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="tRkr" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>
        <profile enabled="True" defaultProvider="AspNetProfileProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="AspNetProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="_IntrinsicData" applicationName="tRkr" />
          </providers>

    The 500.19 error says that this is the offending XML though as well which is why I'm doubly confused.

    208:       <!-- LightSwitch trace.axd handler -->
      209:       <add name="LightSwitchTrace" path="trace.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.LightSwitch.WebHost.Implementation.TraceHandler,Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server,Version=12.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      210:     </handlers>


    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:27 AM
  • I would create a new project and compare the web.configs as it's hard to compare snippets.

    I do know for a fact that the applicationName can't have spaces and will cause a 500 error!!!

    Sorry I can't help.

    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:16 AM
  • Somehow I missed that there actually was a second reference to the trace handler. I removed this and things got moving.
    The original error I believe was caused by trying to publish the application as a Web Service only, instead of a Complete application, thinking I could just get web publishing to work that way for the client. This was not copying the proper content to IIS
    Your answer was valid for the code I posted though, thanks for your help Ian
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:55 AM