SQL Query RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Friends,

I have one query in MS SQL server 2005.I have already install ms sql 2005 in windows 2003 Ent 64 bit server.And now my new server is Windows 2008 Std 64 bit and i had installed sql server 2005 in this server so now i gating error from restoring data 

Friday, June 5, 2015 10:32 AM

All replies

• so now i gating error from restoring data
    And which error do you get (we can't guess that)?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, June 5, 2015 10:42 AM
  • Hello -  You need to tell us what error are you getting to help you better, anyway few thoughts for you:

Note:

• For System Databases: Restoring System databases can fail due to Build Mismatch make sure that both Instances are on same build. Uou can use SELECT @@Version to know the same. You should see something like Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64)   Apr  2 2010 15:48:46   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1). In this output 10.50.1600.1 is the Build Number and it should be same on both machines
    • For user databases: Make sure that the path you are restoring to exist on Target machine or use WITH MOVE option to move the files to correct location while restoring or you can simply copy over the files here and perform Attach operation as well

Hope this helps !

Good Luck!
    Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue.
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue

Friday, June 5, 2015 10:45 AM
  • What is your SQL for restoring data and what is the exact error you are getting? If you are using UI instead of TSQL then click on the check box "Overwrite existing database" , there might be a case where you have already restored it.

Also, check "relocate all file and folders" 

Image source courtesy 

Hope this will help

Glad to help! Please remember to accept the answer if you found it helpful. It will be useful for future readers having same issue.

My Profile on Microsoft ASP.NET

Friday, June 5, 2015 11:09 AM
  • As Olaf noted, the matter is which error occurs? BTW, please also take a look at these URLs:

Deprecated Database Engine Features in SQL Server 2008

Discontinued Database Engine Functionality in SQL Server 2008

Saeid Hasani (My Writings on TechNet Wiki ,T-SQL Blog)

Friday, June 5, 2015 12:35 PM