Using mouse events on a PowerPoint slide. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am creating a PowerPoint 2010 add-in using VSTO. I need to capture mouse related events.

PowerPoint.Application provides three mouse related events.
    1- Application.WindowBeforeRightClick
    2- Application.WindowBeforeDoubleClick
    3- Application.WindowSelectionChange

Now, according to my working and research(both self and using the internet), I have found that the Application.WindowBeforeRightClick and Application.WindowBeforeDoubleClick events are not fired in PowerPoint. This is due to some bug that Microsoft hasn't been able to fix since PowerPoint 2007.

Also there are no mouse or chart related events in PowerPoint.Chart object. But, on the other hand, if I use Excel.Chart object then there are many mouse and chart related events(i.e MouseUp, MouseDown, MouseOver etc) to work with.

My question is how can I use these mouse related events on my PowerPoint chart, shapes or on the active slide? Also if there are no such events available in PowerPoint, can I use the Excel.Chart mouse events in my PowerPoint add-in? And most importantly how?

• Moved by George123345 Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:30 AM add-on via code
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid there is no mouse related event for Shape object or Slide object in PowerPoint Object Model. There are only events for Application Object.

If you have any suggestions about development of PowerPoint, please feel free to submit them in Office Feedback.

A same thread for your reference: PowerPoint Shape Click Event?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Zunair Zubair Friday, April 25, 2014 12:57 PM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for General Office Development

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:30 AM
  • Hi,
    I am creating a PowerPoint 2010 add-in using VSTO. I need to capture mouse related events.

PowerPoint.Application provides three mouse related events.
    1- Application.WindowBeforeRightClick
    2- Application.WindowBeforeDoubleClick
    3- Application.WindowSelectionChange

Now, according to my working and research(both self and using the internet), I have found that the Application.WindowBeforeRightClick and Application.WindowBeforeDoubleClick events are not fired in PowerPoint. This is due to some bug that Microsoft hasn't been able to fix since PowerPoint 2007.

Also there are no mouse or chart related events in PowerPoint.Chart object. But, on the other hand, if I use Excel.Chart object then there are many mouse and chart related events(i.e MouseUp,MouseDownMouseOver etc) to work with.

My question is how can I use these mouse related events on my PowerPoint chart, shapes or on the active slide? Also if there are no such events available in PowerPoint, can I use the Excel.Chart mouse events in my PowerPoint add-in? And most importantly how?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Its been more than 24 hours and my question is just being moved from one forum to another.
    Please, tell me the one exact forum related to my problem.
    Friday, April 25, 2014 5:41 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid there is no mouse related event for Shape object or Slide object in PowerPoint Object Model. There are only events for Application Object.

If you have any suggestions about development of PowerPoint, please feel free to submit them in Office Feedback.

A same thread for your reference: PowerPoint Shape Click Event?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Zunair Zubair Friday, April 25, 2014 12:57 PM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 11:58 AM
  • You can use mouse hooking dll for mouse move or mouse button clicked 
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 7:47 AM