none
How to write a Custom Mouse Driver ? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to write a Custom Mouse driver to replace in-box driver.

I got I2C data but I don't know how to display the mouse icon via my driver.

Any advise is extremely welcome !

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:50 AM

Answers

• Your driver should be a hid miniport. You can write your driver in umdf or kmdf, both are samples one the code gallery. If win8.1, you can choose between umdf 1.11 and 2.0 and I recommend 2.0

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2014 3:28 PM
  • what type of top level collections are you reporting? you need to report a mouse. does the mouse collection show up in device manager? view by connection and find your miniport, there should be a child mouse stack.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by WillNo1 Monday, January 13, 2014 9:17 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:55 AM

All replies

• Your driver should be a hid miniport. You can write your driver in umdf or kmdf, both are samples one the code gallery. If win8.1, you can choose between umdf 1.11 and 2.0 and I recommend 2.0

Friday, January 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Yes, I wrote a hid miniport kmdf driver, but no mouse icon displayed in the screen. 
    Monday, January 13, 2014 5:28 AM
  • what type of top level collections are you reporting? you need to report a mouse. does the mouse collection show up in device manager? view by connection and find your miniport, there should be a child mouse stack.

• Marked as answer by WillNo1 Monday, January 13, 2014 9:17 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Hi Holan,

Thank you, I've succeed. Just not send move request before.

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:19 AM