Security Exception RRS feed

• Question

• User-1764838006 posted

i am having problems with the security of my website.  I am trying to add some news tot the site.  I keep getting an error that says:

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed

Line 319:           
    Line 320: If Not System.Web.HttpContext.Current Is Nothing Then
    Line 321: item.Save(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name)
    Line 322: Else
    Line 323: item.Save(System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name)

I have checked the the asp.net configuration file and my username is in an administrator role.  Can someone help me figure this out?

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:07 AM

All replies

• User205197355 posted

Hi m_coomer146

I am in the same spot, actually could not even launch my site. I spent a couple of hours with GoDaddy Sunday and they finally directed me to MS MSDN Site where there is some explanation of launching sites in "medium trust". I am working on my site tomorrow (02/12) and will post any resolution I am able to get to.

If anyone out there has resolved this issue please share.

MM

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:33 PM
  • User-1764838006 posted

Thank you for your help. i still cannot get past it so my site is haulted until.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:52 AM