RichTextBox encoding RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. In my application when I insert "ä" (european symbol) to RichTextBox and when I click "save" - the RichTextBox.Text property gives me:

"<HTML><BODY><DIV STYLE=\"text-align:Left;font-family:Segoe UI;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;font-size:12;color:#000000;\"><P><SPAN>Ƥ</SPAN></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>";

so the "ä" is replaced by alien symbol "Ƥ". I think is some sort of encoding issue. Same problem is also with letter like "õ,ä,ö.."

Please help me to correct this...

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:25 PM

Answers

• Don't know it it works but try to force it with your C#  code to Western European (Windows) or Default:

Encoding.GetEncoding(1252) 
    Encoding.Default

--- "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - JKR

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• There is no RichTextBox control for aspnet that I know of. So if you are using a third party control, what is it? Does that vendor have a support forum?

You may also want to ask this in the aspnet forums.

Bob - www.crowcoder.com

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:46 PM
  • Don't know it it works but try to force it with your C#  code to Western European (Windows) or Default:

Encoding.GetEncoding(1252) 
    Encoding.Default

--- "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - JKR

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:45 PM