WML in ASP.NET 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User-675655408 posted
    I wonder if anyone successfully has created a website in VS 2005, that renders the markup correctly to a mobile browser?
    I use the ASP-controls(not the mobile) which should adapt to any markup, but no success yet. Strangely enough, the contenttype delivered is correct, but the markup is not.

I use the release version of both VS 2005 and the framework, not Beta.

I have tried several mobile models, both WLM and XHTML types(both the real deal and with emulators), but the markup is web-browser XHTML, with javascripts.

Thanks in advance
    Mike Engstrom
    Friday, November 4, 2005 9:37 AM

All replies

• User-153924892 posted
    The adaptive rendering of all controls was a concept of ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 1. It has been postponed (cf.: Features postponed for ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 ). With the Final Release of .NET and Visual Studio 2005 you have to use Mobile Web Forms.

You can select Mobile Web Form in the Add New Item Menu of Visual Studio. You are also able to use Web Form Controls in Device Specific sections of your code, but this is only recommended for PDA because they don't render adaptive.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:52 AM
  • User-1113234820 posted

We are using PDA as clients too, but if I use regular Web Form Contorls, it still messed up the whole page, positions did not display correctly. I guess the problem must be the Device Specific, what is that, how to specify?

Thanks.

Monday, February 20, 2006 3:37 PM
  • User-2115551320 posted

You will have to use tables to make nice looking PDA WebForms because Pocket IE doesn't understand "gridlayout"  (use flowlayout)

Nicholas

Monday, February 27, 2006 3:17 PM