Driver induced tile update?

Question

• Is there any creative way for a driver to initiate a tile update for a metro application?

Scenario:

A metro application is setup to communicate with a custom driver. The driver is functioning in the background, and will automatically perform certain tasks similar to wifi. When a connection is created, the metro application tile would like to remain in sync with the actual state of the harware. However, since the application can be suspended, the only options which seem to be available are a ~15 minute background task, and various activation methods which don't seem relevant. Idealy, it would be nice if there was a way for the driver to induce a tile update on demand, with the application the system has linked to via its metadata package.

Is there any method I am overlooking to accomplish this? Or anything creative that could be done, such as invoking the use of a file association linked to that application? Any suggestions are welcome, thank you!

Peter Groset

Thursday, August 2, 2012 11:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Peter Groset,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, August 3, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Thanks, looking forward to your response!

Peter Groset

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:12 PM
  • I have yet to find a way to do this other than the ways you mention.  I will continue to look...

Friday, August 10, 2012 6:49 AM
  • I have looked into this more and do not see a way to do this.

Best Wishes - Eric

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:45 PM
  • OK, thanks for looking into it Eric.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:08 PM