Edit expression In Charts RRS feed

• Question

• User-833248386 posted

Hi Everyone,

I am using Stored Procedure and i want to get rid of some of the Fields returned by using Filter Expression in Charts.

In the Stored procedure I am acquiring data from 4 tables according to certain Criterias.When i run the Stored Procedure in Query Analyzer  then i get the desired Output.But when i call that Stored Procedure in Charts and use the Filter Expression then the expression is not working. My Filter Expression is:

=Iif(Parameters!view.Value=1,Fields!RepDate1.Value,Iif(Parameters!view.Value=2,Fields!RepDate2.Value,Iif(Parameters!view.Value=3,

Fields!RepDate3.Value,Iif(Parameters!view.Value=4,Fields!RepDate4.Value,nothing))))

In Charts is it possible to generate Reports for the Fields that are of data type nvarchar? Please Clarify.

Thanks

Regards 

Navdeep 

<o:p> </o:p>

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:01 AM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I’m not sure how do you handle with your chart control. Generally, you can filter your data by setting functions in filter tab.  Besides, you mentioned that if it is possible to generate Reports for the Fields those are of data type nvarchar. You can load the nvarchar typed data filed to the CategoryGroups expression or SeriesGroups expression, but it can’t be added to the value expression.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:31 AM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I’m not sure how do you handle with your chart control. Generally, you can filter your data by setting functions in filter tab.  Besides, you mentioned that if it is possible to generate Reports for the Fields those are of data type nvarchar. You can load the nvarchar typed data filed to the CategoryGroups expression or SeriesGroups expression, but it can’t be added to the value expression.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:31 AM
  • User-833248386 posted

Hi Nai-Dong Jin.

Thanks for your valuable time.Please let me know that the Filter expression that i am using is valid?

Regards

Navdeep 

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:39 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

I think you can try the following post:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1266282/2380184.aspx#2380184

Thanks.

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:15 PM
  • User-833248386 posted

Hi Nai Dong Jin,

Thanks for Responding. I have tried the expression with Switch statement. When I insert static values in the CategoryGroup e:g Repdate1.value then it works.But when i use simple expression like

=Switch(Parameters!view.Value=1,Fields!RepDate1.Value,Parameters!view.Value=2,Fields!RepDate2.Value)

How to get the multiple values of date in the above expression?

Regards
    Navdeep

<input name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$ctl00$PostList$ctl04$ctl07$ctl01" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_ctl00_PostList_ctl04_ctl07_ctl01_State" value="value:" type="hidden">

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 1:40 AM