none
API hierarchy of Presentation object in OpenXml RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone direct me toward source or explain the basic hierarchy of the pieces of a Presentation (PowerPoint) object in OpenXml?  For instance, what is the starting object (new Presentation()?) and what are the appropriate child objects underneath.  Also, to create a valid and functioning Power Point slide, what are the minimum Parts to include when creating a new one from scratch, etc.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Sdfda,

Thank you for posting and we are glad to help with you.

>>Can anyone direct me toward source or explain the basic hierarchy of the pieces of a Presentation (PowerPoint) object in OpenXml? 

I collected a MSDN article about the basic hierarchy of Presentation object in Open XML for you to reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg278335.aspx

As far as I know, the root class is Presentation, and it contains: Fonts, View Properties, Code, Slides and so on. From this article, you can see that the minimum parts contain three folders( _res, slideLayouts and slides) and the presentation.xml, you can change pptx file extension to be zip and unzip it.

I hope this can help you and if anything is unclear, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by sdfsda Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:49 AM