Failed to open PowerPivot Window - Access is denied RRS feed

• Question

• I received the following error message when I tried to open my PowerPivot window:

============================
    Error Message:

The following error occurred while opening the file '\\?\C:\Users\greylian\AppData\Local\Temp\VertiPaq_69B11E128D4C4479975B\25bfebaa-b3a3-489a-9a0e-54654b431fca.0.db\0.CryptKey.bin': Access is denied. .

----------------------------
    Failed to open the PowerPivot window. Reason: The following error occurred while opening the file '\\?\C:\Users\greylian\AppData\Local\Temp\VertiPaq_69B11E128D4C4479975B\25bfebaa-b3a3-489a-9a0e-54654b431fca.0.db\0.CryptKey.bin': Access is denied.

Call Stack:

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
    ----------------------------
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadOLEDBConnection(Boolean raiseCompleteEvent, String errorCache)

My PowerPivot was working fine before this was the first time I got the error message.

The system I am working on is as follows:

Windows 7 - 64-bit processor

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

RAM 16 GB

Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:26 AM

Answers