none
Retrienve recurrencing appointments in Exchange with Exchange Web Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I work on a C# application which use Exchange Web Services (EWS) to insert appointments in SQL Server Table.

All work fine but I've seen that for reccuring appointments, only first (main) occurence is inserted.

After a few searchs, it's appear that only first (main) appointment is saved in Exchange database and recurrence rules can't be retrieve.

In the Appointment object, there's a property Recurence who exposed only the StartDate and the EndDate.

Is someone could help me ?

Regards.

Monday, September 27, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Xavier,

I'm assuming that you're using the Exchange Server Protocols documents. It helps a lot if you can say which documents (and which sections) are working OK, and where you are having the problem. [Hint: Microsoft escalation is more likely to help if you do this]

In MS-OXWSMTGS Section 2.2.3.4 "t:CalendarItemType Complex Type", you can see the elements of a calendar entry. I'm assuming that you're OK with this since you are getting the appointment.

The "Recurrence" element is described in MS-OXWSMTGS Section 2.2.3.18 "t:RecurrenceType Complex Type", containing

<xs:complexType name="RecurrenceType">
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:group ref="t:RecurrencePatternTypes" />
    <xs:group ref="t:RecurrenceRangeTypes" />
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

In MS-OXWSCDATA, you can find out how these are laid out. Start with section 2.2.6 (which has RecurrencePatternTypes and RecurrenceRangeTypes) and then go back to Section 2.2.3 for the various alternatives recurrence types.

If that doesn't answer the question, can you try re-phrasing it in terms of a document and section, or providing an example?

• Proposed as answer by Brad Hards Monday, September 27, 2010 10:01 PM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 10:01 PM
  • I found solution : I have to use the FindAppointments method instead of FindItems and I retrive all appointments in my list.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:53 AM