not just another Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' post RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a site using ASP.NET 3.5 published to a web server pointing to a sql 2000 db server and a sql 2005 db server.  Everything works great.  The web server is set up for delegation, and we are using windows authentication and impersonate is set to true. 

I republished the same site, only I am now pointing to one sql 2005 64x db server.  With web site number 2 I get the 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' failure.  I've looked and looked and looked and I cannot find any differences between how my two web sites are configured. 

It has to be something with the one sql 2005 64x db server.  I looked at everything I can think off on that db server and see nothing obviously different with how it is set up compared to the working sql server.

Could it have something to do with the 64x?

Any tips would be awesome.

Thank you.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:22 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that that that account is mapped in the login folder on sql server?

Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:28 AM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I don't think we want that logon mapped in SQL Server.  It is not mapped on the SQL server that works.  We don't want users to log on anonymously.

I am pretty sure that everything is set up correctly.  As I said before, everything works when pointing to a non 64x db server, but breaks when pointing the the new 64x db server.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:15 PM