none
Can I create a blob storage account in North Europe?

Question

• From Richard Wilde @rippo via Twitter:

@azuresupport Can I create a blob storage account in North Europe? Only have USA and ASIA in location list?

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:40 PM

All replies

• In theory you should be able to create a Azure Storage account in any region.

What kind of subscription do you have? 

PS: I just checked with my subscription and I have all regions available for ARM and Classic deployment model.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Hello,

Radu Vunvulea, is right about this. You should be able to create storage account in any region. Apart from the subscription type, also please let us know if this issue is only when creating a Storage account or also when you try to create other services in Azure.

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi yes, it still does this HOWEVER I have an image that I would like to upload but can't as it appears I do not have the correct perms as my account is not verified. 
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Correct link to image showing my portal

https://ton.twitter.com/i/ton/data/dm/661902439793238021/661902439822598144/QoZ-d0bw.png

• Edited by Rippo Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:45 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Can I ask why you accept this as an answer?

My problem is still present. Oh Well worth some points to you I suppose.

Did you look at this image below?

https://ton.twitter.com/i/ton/data/dm/661902439793238021/661902439822598144/QoZ-d0bw.png

• Edited by Rippo Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Hi Rippo,

I still can't see the image from twitter. Have you tried creating a support request in the portal? Your subscription type may not allow you to create storage accounts in North Europe. Support will be able to tell you this.

Thanks,

Michael

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:24 PM
  • From what you describe is sounds like that you have some limitations on your subscription. If your subscription is part of Azure Enterprise Subscription that you need to check with the administrator of the subscription to check and manage what rights you have. Otherwise the only solution that is available is to open a ticket directly to Microsoft Technical Support team to check your subscription rights. 

Taking into account what you described it seems that you have some limitations that are set on your subscription. 

Saturday, November 28, 2015 2:25 PM