Animations without tweens RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is my first post.

I was wondering if it's possible to create an animation without tweening, simply by showing keyframes. In Flash it was easy to turn tweening on and off, but I can't find an option to do this in Blend. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 7:53 PM

All replies

• Sorry, apparently 'tweening' is call interpolation in Blend, so what I'm asking here is, how do I turn of interpolation?
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:11 PM
  • Welcome...hopefully one of our resident experts will respond with an answer for you!
    Kerby K [MSDN]
    Friday, February 29, 2008 4:42 AM
  • Could you please explain your scenario a bit more, with an example of what you are trying to animate?

Thanks!
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:17 AM
  • I think what you are looking for can be accomplished in multiple ways. By default, Blend assumes you want to use DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames and SplineDoubleKeyFrames. So let me lay out a few options that are available to you. Unfortunately, right now, this would involve a little manual modification of the XAML.

You can use a couple of types of animation (we'll use double as the type for this discussion): DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames and DoubleAnimation. Double animation simply allows you to define a begin and end time and a linear rate is applied to the element being animated. When using DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames, you further have 3 options: LinearDoubleKeyFrame, SplineDoubleKeyFrame, and DiscreteDoubleKeyFrame. A LinearDoubleKeyFrame moves the element along its path at a steady rate (no tweening). SplineDoubleKeyFrame allows you to specify a kerning value to tween the animation. A DiscreteDoubleKeyFrame moves the element directly from point A to point B suddenly without moving along an interpolated path.

Since Blend will generate a DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames with SplineDoubleKeyFrame elements, you would need to modify the SplineDoubleKeyFrames to be either LinearKeyFrames or DiscreteKeyFrames.

Hopefully this helps,
    Todd

MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    • Edited by Todd Miranda Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:31 AM Subscribe to thread
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:30 AM