To cut a bitmap image RRS feed

Answers

• Yes, it is possible. The easiest method is to create a rounded corner rectangle the size of the image and position it on top of the image. To do this, select both the image and the rectangle and then choose Align > Centers from the Action Bar. Then choose Objects > Clipping Path > Make with Top Path from the menu bar.

Also, make sure that you remove any stroke that might be attached from the rounded corner rectangle because it will show up in the clipping path.

Thanks for posting to our new forums!

Annie
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:06 PM

All replies

• Yes, it is possible. The easiest method is to create a rounded corner rectangle the size of the image and position it on top of the image. To do this, select both the image and the rectangle and then choose Align > Centers from the Action Bar. Then choose Objects > Clipping Path > Make with Top Path from the menu bar.

Also, make sure that you remove any stroke that might be attached from the rounded corner rectangle because it will show up in the clipping path.

Thanks for posting to our new forums!

Annie
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:06 PM
  • Greaaattttt !

Thanks a lot

Bye
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:11 PM
  • You're welcome! Let me know how it works for you.
    Annie
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:13 PM
  • If Expression Design has also
    the function that divides in sections to export,
    i abandon Photoshop and use Expression Studio
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:23 PM
  • If you mean rectangular sections, yes, Design V2 support slicing and you can divide images into multiple sections (aka slices). Design v2 also support overlapping slices.

If you want the rounded corner rectangle, you can create the clipping path as Annie suggested and create a slice from this clipping path. The slice, if set as PNG format, support transparancy to show the nice rounded corner.
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:17 AM
  • Well, it looks as if I will have to get me a new Vista box to look at this.  Overlapping slices?  Sounds good to me!
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:38 PM