Extension: How to uninstall a hidden/corrupted extension RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed the extension "Visual Macros Expander" from the Visual Studio Gallery (http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/59a2438f-ba4a-4945-a407-a1a295598088).  At the end of the trial, I wish to uninstall this extension.  

However, this extension doesn't show up in the Extension Manager.  It is not found in the system and the user Extensions folder neither.  The home site of the extension is no longer accessible.  Would anyone suggest other places to check?

Environment: Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate SP1; Windows XP SP3

• Edited by xinonnet Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:38 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:37 PM

All replies

• It is probably an add-in and can be deactivated in Visual Studio - Tools - Add-in Manager.
    Friday, February 15, 2013 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

Please check Extensions and Updates, can you find it? If yes, you can find uninstall and click it.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by xinonnet Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:52 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 7:43 AM
  • It shows up in the Add-In Manager not checked.  How can I further disable or remove it?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, this tool is a VS add-in, so we can delete it from the folder of add-in. We can find it from:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Addins or

C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Addins

You can delete the .addin file and the .dll file from the folder.

You also can use  devenv /resetaddin Namespace to remove it. More information you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228765(v=vs.100).aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 4, 2013 1:45 AM