Show text/images/urls from website with BBCode into a LongListSelector

Question

• I am working on a Forum Reader app and the Forum uses BB Code for pictures, urls, etc.  I have options on how to parse the BB Code, but I am stuck on how to display everything. The goal is to have the post shown in a longlistselector. I have thought about using the RichTextBox but I do not understand how to separate each section out in the box. Thanks for any help
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Mmrwizard0,

Basically bbcode can be translate to HTML by replace the "[" with "<", for instance [b]bolded text[/b] can be understood as <b>bolded text</b> in HTML.

You can wrote some code to translate it or use some third party libraries for help.

To display the HTML code in RichTextBlock, you can ref to this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive/2013/05/13/displaying-html-content-in-a-richtextblock.aspx

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 31, 2014 2:47 AM