none
[UWP][WACK][Desktop] WPF Windows Store app fails WACK Test if I include a UWP Api RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am making a WPF Desktop app for the windows store. I am trying to use Add-ons with this app, so I need to use the UWP Windows.Services.Store API.

I get my app to pass the WACK test. Then I add the class which accesses the Windows.Service.Store API and it then fails the WACK test.

Some of the errors are:

<TEST INDEX="88" NAME="Blocked executables" DESCRIPTION="Detects if there are references to process launch APIs and blocked executables" EXECUTIONTIME="00h:00m:02s.89ms" OPTIONAL="TRUE">
            <MESSAGES>
              <MESSAGE TEXT="File AiRoMe.AyakoPersonalAssistant.exe contains a reference to a &quot;Launch Process&quot; related API System.Diagnostics.Process.Start" />
              <MESSAGE TEXT="File Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll contains a reference to a &quot;Launch Process&quot; related API System.Diagnostics.Process.Start" />
              <MESSAGE TEXT="File MahApps.Metro.pdb contains a blocked executable reference to &quot;cmd&quot;." />
            </MESSAGES>
            <RESULT><![CDATA[FAIL]]></RESULT>
          </TEST>

Since the app runs in Full Trust anyway, why does adding a reference to the Windows.Service.Store API make it fail the WACK test.

Will it pass certification with these errors?

Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Monday, October 16, 2017 1:11 AM

Answers

• Visual Studio Update 15.5 includes an update to the Desktop Packaging project that allows you to include UWP Api's.
    • Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>Will it pass certification with these errors?

I don't think your app will fail certification due to these errors. Blocked executables is a part of Package sanity test which is an optional test used to improve desktop bridge app quality. You could refer to optional tests:

"The overall pass/fail criteria for store onboarding is determined by the required tests and not by these optional tests."

And you could also find corrective actions to blocked executables in that document:

"Corrective actions
    1.Identify which of the flagged entries from the test represent a call to launch an executable file that is not part of your app, and remove those calls.
    2.If the flagged file(s) is part of your application, you may ignore the warning."

By the way, have you configured the additional code when you enable your app's add-on? WPF application must configure the StoreContext object to specify which application windows is the owner windows for modal dialogs that are shown by the object.

For more details, you could refer to Using the StoreContext class with the Desktop Bridge .

If it helps, you might also mark it as answer so that other community faced with same issue could find it more conveniently.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Yes.

That is the exactly the code I am using. I am using the C# version with

public interface IInitializeWithWindow

and that builds no problem.

I had it in the main WPF application, then moved it to a seperate dll with the same WACK failed results for both.

• Edited by hypodyne1 Monday, October 16, 2017 9:05 AM clarify
    Monday, October 16, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hello,

Please check my update response.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I found the desktop bridge store sample. Will give that a try when my app is published, then I will try to package it up and give it the WACK test.

thanks

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Visual Studio Update 15.5 includes an update to the Desktop Packaging project that allows you to include UWP Api's.
    • Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:41 PM