none
No Aggregate data in App Insights

Question

• I have setup a new App Insights instance that has been running now for over 12 Hours. I can see live stream data but no aggregate or graph data from the server.

Please help!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:14 AM

Answers

• Regarding backoff logic. We are investigating it. We are releasing 2.2-beta1 SDK today that has less aggressive backoff logic and we will do more investments in beta2/beta3. But Status Monitor will be updated to this version only when we ship it as stable. That should be in 1-2 month time (after 2 more betas which take approx. 3 weeks). If that is a problem with backoff logic data should backfill eventually. And I'm sorry for that, we are actively investigating the issue.

Regarding performance counters I forwarded your question to the team.

Anastasia

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:28 PM

All replies

• It may be related to some issues with channel or some misconfiguration.

Please read this: http://apmtips.com/blog/2015/11/07/application-insights-self-diagnostic/

Anastasia

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:46 PM
  • This seems to be something Azure side as this randomly started and stopped without any deployment of the application. We are now getting "Event type PerformanceCounter is not currently supported" when trying to view the data in the App Insights Portal.

We are not using the SDK or any custom metrics just an install of the Status Monitor on Server 2012R2.

A check of the diagnostics shows nothing obvious.

Edit:

It would look like this is related to a rate limit being activated and not backing off correctly.

• Edited by FrozenSkys Monday, July 18, 2016 7:48 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 7:11 AM
  • Regarding backoff logic. We are investigating it. We are releasing 2.2-beta1 SDK today that has less aggressive backoff logic and we will do more investments in beta2/beta3. But Status Monitor will be updated to this version only when we ship it as stable. That should be in 1-2 month time (after 2 more betas which take approx. 3 weeks). If that is a problem with backoff logic data should backfill eventually. And I'm sorry for that, we are actively investigating the issue.

Regarding performance counters I forwarded your question to the team.

Anastasia

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:28 PM