Dreamspark.com for Microsoft softwares at no charge for students??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!, i installed all silverlight needed softwares and when i installed Expression Blend 3, it asked for a product key!!

i'm trying to download Blend 3 from this site: www.dreamspark.com and i dont understand, it says that Microsoft gives students softwares AT NO CHARGE at that site but need first a verification that i'm student and i did by my university provided email as it asked and it goes great!

but when i start to click to download, it leads me to a page where i download a trial

or buy the sw!!!! :http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Blend_Overview.aspx

now where is the sw at no charge!! am i missing something??? or what. please any ideas, i need to work with Blend but i can't without a product key, i even didn't try it yet!!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:22 AM

Answers

• Did you have a previous version of blend/studio installed?  A trial version maybe?  I'm not sure if dreamspark has Blend 3 separately from Studio 3 or not, but I would suggest uninstalling any Expression Studio 3 products, redownloading Studio 3 from dreamspark and reinstalling.  Hopefully that will work for you.  If not, you will probably need to contact the dreamspark support people.
    • Marked as answer by Lana_al Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:47 PM

All replies

• Did you have a previous version of blend/studio installed?  A trial version maybe?  I'm not sure if dreamspark has Blend 3 separately from Studio 3 or not, but I would suggest uninstalling any Expression Studio 3 products, redownloading Studio 3 from dreamspark and reinstalling.  Hopefully that will work for you.  If not, you will probably need to contact the dreamspark support people.
    • Marked as answer by Lana_al Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:47 PM
  • Hi, thank you for your reply!

I figured out whats the problem and as you guessed that I can't download Blend 3 separately from Studio 3, I have to download the whole Expression Studio 3 products and here its at no charge ;). thx!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:03 PM