none
custom form server ol2010 problem with Social connect(people pane) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custom formserver dll using message class derived from IPM.Note like ipm.note.myclass

I am having a difficulty with social connector(people pane) where when i select the message with people pane, it shows it in the reading pane with just the dummy body i have set in PR_BODY_W.

Now if i open the message by double clicking it still shows the same body, i actually load the attachments and body from a database when the form server dll actually kicks in with DoVerb, but it never gets called when people pane is enabled.

If i disable people pane, it works fine, nothing showing in the reading pane and double click opens it properly - i know i can set a registry key to preview such a message and reading pane works fine with it.

It seems social connector(people pane), checks all the messages from the user of the message and loads them as well within itself.

Can somebody suggest a solution so that it doesn't show anything if people pane is disabled -just like reading pane, unless I set it through preview pane registry key mapping to IPM.Note

Regards,

uiqbal

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Uiqbal,

Given the nature of this issue, I think it's best if you could open a support incident so we can investigate this further with you. Offhand I don't have a suggestion on how you can change this behavior and would have to suspect this is going to be a product limitation (or a limitation of the OSC add-in).

Bill Jacob - Microsoft Customer Service & Support - Developer Messaging

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi UIQBAL,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please tell me your Outlook version and tell me what's mean of the "people pane"? Where I can find it?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:06 AM
  • Hi,

Its OL2010 as in the subject, Outlook 2010.

I am talking about Outlook 2010 -> View -> People Pane drop down button - next to all the pane buttons like navigation pane, Reading pane.

Regards,

uiqbal

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:42 AM
  • Hi Uiqbal,

Given the nature of this issue, I think it's best if you could open a support incident so we can investigate this further with you. Offhand I don't have a suggestion on how you can change this behavior and would have to suspect this is going to be a product limitation (or a limitation of the OSC add-in).

Bill Jacob - Microsoft Customer Service & Support - Developer Messaging

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:43 PM