none
Windows Form Custom Control Used in ASP.net (web application) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently I have many custom controls made in C# for windows forms, I have been asked to use this "windows form custom controls" in a web application, I was planning to use ASP.net web forms application (I haven't used ASP.net before), I was browsing around but the custom control application for ASP.net and they look quite different from windows form custom controls and for me I would like to save time and use the same custom controls made in windows form in web application. This may sound strange or creasy for someone but my question is:

Is it possible to use already developed custom controls made in windows form C# project in ASP.net web forms project?

Thanks,

kikeman

Kikeman Electric Systems Engineer

Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi kikeman,

>>Is it possible to use already developed custom controls made in windows form C# project in ASP.net web forms project?

If you must use these controls internally, please Check the following  links,

http://weblogs.asp.net/spano/hosting-a-windows-form-control-in-a-web-pagehttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052604-1.aspx

But as far as I see, Windows Form's Application is quite different from that of Web Application. So you should use "Menu" in the Web Application as a Web Control. They are both in the different framework.  Windows form application  a graphical (GUI) class library included as a part of Microsoft .NET Framework providing a platform to write rich client applications for desktop, laptop, and tablet PCs. But web project or web app is a client-server software application in which the client (or user interface) runs in a web browser, web applications use web documents written in a standard format such as HTML and JavaScript, which are supported by a variety of web browsers. They render differently. External if you develop Web applications, I would not recommend you to use Windows Form Custom Control.

Best regards,

Kristin  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:33 AM