none
Approbation in designer prerequisited features

Question

• Hi,

In SPDesigner the workflows which use the approbation don't work.

I see that I have to activate the feature "workflow-can-use-app-permissions" but when I try to activate it, I get an error

High     [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: Verbose] PersonalActions::CreateChildControls() - Was called.

Unexpected File Not Found: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Layouts\EditingMenu\SiteAction.xml

Already seen ? Can you help me please ?

Regards,

EM.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Elmata,

Try to use the cmdlet to activate “Workflows can use App permissions” feature in SharePoint Management Powershell:

Enable-SPFeature -identity "Workflowapponlypolicymanager" -URL http://SharePointsite

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Elmata Monday, March 20, 2017 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Elmata- this can happen when migrating or customizing sites. See the following link for a solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4648733/sharepoint-edit-form-error

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:52 PM
  • Hi and thanks croute1,

I have this error when I click to activate the feature in the site settings.

EM

Thursday, February 09, 2017 11:01 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

Please go to Central Administration->Application Management – Manage web applications->select relevant web application->click “service connections”, Verify that you connect with “App Management Service”  and “Workflow Service Application”.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 13, 2017 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

Howerver these options are well checked (but it doesn't work, I don't know why...)

Regards,

EM.

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

Try to use the cmdlet to activate “Workflows can use App permissions” feature in SharePoint Management Powershell:

Enable-SPFeature -identity "Workflowapponlypolicymanager" -URL http://SharePointsite

Best regards,

Grace Wang

• Marked as answer by Elmata Monday, March 20, 2017 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:05 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

How about your issue?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, March 03, 2017 9:26 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Can you confirm that I have to activate this feature to use the approbation actions in SPDesigner ?

Regards,

EM.

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Can you confirm me it ?

EM

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

What are your approbation actions?

We need to active “Workflow can use app permissions” feature when we need to use “App Step” in workflow in SharePoint designer.

When a user don’t have some permission to other list/library which relate to the workflow steps, he can put these steps to “App Step”.

If just add “start a task process” or ”assign a task” action, we don’t need to active “Workflow can use app permissions” feature.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:37 AM
  • Hi Grace,

I talk about the Approbation action/condition in SPDesigner. To use the states of approval in spdesigner I need this feature, are you agree ?

For example : If approval state is equal to "approved", then some action... (in SPD)

I get an error when I try to activate this feature, here bellow the high and unexpected lines...

[Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 03/13/2017 11:37:08.31, Original Level: Verbose] Attempting to load XML from config file "{0}". CORRELATIONID

SPRequest.GetFileAndFolderProperties: UserPrincipalName=, AppPrincipalName= ,bstrUrl=https://.../finances ,bstrStartUrl=_catalogs/masterpage/Editing Menu/CustomSiteAction.xml ,ListDocsFlags=16400 ,bThrowException=True CORRELATIONID

Unexpected File Not Found: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Template\Layouts\EditingMenu\SiteAction.xml CORRELATIONID

To use the states of approval in spdesigner I need this functionality, do we agree?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

EM

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:45 AM