SharePoint Workflow Lookup Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Whilst using SharePoint workflows to fire off events etc I have encountered a few issues, I have a few created a tab with fields in that link to other lists within my site, these are the lookups. However when I try and set these lookup values within configuration tasks as well as emails they simply encounter errors or the workflow will suspend. 
    Does anybody have any ideas why this will not work?

The alternative method is using REST which I have managed to get working, unfortunately the problem is now comparing when changes have been made to an item as it simply cannot compare two fields when I have retrieved the information using REST.

Any information regarding either of these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
    Alan

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 4:53 PM

Answers

• Could not find any issues with lookups being placed into other fields and comparing lookups so not too sure whether this is a bug in SharePoint itself, however as I found a way to use REST to retrieve the information I found that simply adding in some JavaScript to splice out the spaces sorted out the issue with comparing two fields.
    • Marked as answer by alanmarklewis Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:26 AM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:26 AM