[UWP] What from to get in app description RRS feed

• Question

• I need to show user an app in description. What is the best way to get it.

I prefer to get it offline, but if this is not possible I can get it online.

I tried             StoreAppLicense storeAppLicense = await context.GetAppLicenseAsync();

but there is not an in app description.

Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

StoreContext.GetAppLicenseAsync Method can get license info for the current app, including licenses for add-ons for the current app, but not description.

The product’s description is the one of the StoreProduct Properties, you can use it to get the product description from the Microsoft Store listing.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BitSmithy Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:11 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

In my test, it can not run offline.

So please get it online, you can use the GetStoreProductForCurrentAppAsync method to get Store product info about the current app, on successful completion, it returns a StoreProductResult object that contains Microsoft Store listing info for the current app and any relevant error info.

You can get the detailed information with the following document:

Get info for the current app

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 31, 2018 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

StoreContext.GetAppLicenseAsync Method can get license info for the current app, including licenses for add-ons for the current app, but not description.

The product’s description is the one of the StoreProduct Properties, you can use it to get the product description from the Microsoft Store listing.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 24, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Can I use StoreProduct being offline?
    Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:31 PM
  • Hi,

In my test, it can not run offline.

So please get it online, you can use the GetStoreProductForCurrentAppAsync method to get Store product info about the current app, on successful completion, it returns a StoreProductResult object that contains Microsoft Store listing info for the current app and any relevant error info.

You can get the detailed information with the following document:

Get info for the current app

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 31, 2018 9:38 AM