Registering a dll, Error RA0000 RRS feed

• Question

• I have made my first dll to be able to use it in multiple projects.   Using VB Express 2008 I used the Build tool to create the dll, and in one of my projects I used the search button in the reference dialog to select the dll.  When I run that program through the IDE it all works fine, but now I am trying to register the dll on another computer and I get an error saying Regasm Warnging: RA0000: No types were registered.   The only thing I have been able to find about this error is that going into Assembly Info and checking the box to make the project Com Visible fixes it for some people, but it didn't change anything for me.

Anyone have any suggestions.  The dll is signed with my standard Strong name key file and I have tried using Regasm both with and without the /Codebase.
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:04 PM

Answers

• After a lot of trial and error I found what apparently was the problem.  When I was creating a instance of the dll, I was trying to pass it arguments within the New call.  Apparently this is not OK, but it seems like I should have got some sort of warning while debugging everything. 

I can now get it registered, but I will start a new thread.  Hopefully this will help someone in the future.
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Friday, December 26, 2008 9:06 AM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:20 PM

• 1. Set ComVisible property to "true" in AssemblyInfo.vb file OR AssemblyInfo.cs.
    2. you need regasm x:\.......(path)\(yourDLL) .dll

Best wishes
    Xingwei Hu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 9:06 AM

All replies

• After a lot of trial and error I found what apparently was the problem.  When I was creating a instance of the dll, I was trying to pass it arguments within the New call.  Apparently this is not OK, but it seems like I should have got some sort of warning while debugging everything. 

I can now get it registered, but I will start a new thread.  Hopefully this will help someone in the future.
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:20 PM

• 1. Set ComVisible property to "true" in AssemblyInfo.vb file OR AssemblyInfo.cs.
    2. you need regasm x:\.......(path)\(yourDLL) .dll

Best wishes
    Xingwei Hu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 9:06 AM