Cannot find ASPX.VB files in the web application RRS feed

• Question

• User1077245351 posted

I have an web application called "ItemsToGo" and I am trying to make some changes on the web application, I see aspx files but not aspx.vb files.

So how to bring back these aspx.vb files so I can make changes in the code.

Web Application:

ItemsToGo

bin/ItemsToGo
    Items.aspx
    login.aspx

Where are the aspx.vb files?

Please help. Thanks.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

You should be able to see your appropriate ASPX.VB files if you browse to the folder that contains your application (Right-click > Choose "Open Folder in File Explorer) as seen below :

Alternatively, you could right-click your appropriate ASPX page and choose the "View Code" option to see your cooresponding code-behind :

You typically won't see the actual code files (ASPX.VB) within Visual Studio and the best way to access it is by simply using the option above (or the F7 hotkey).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• User1208776063 posted

slb2012

I see aspx files but not aspx.vb files.

Website/web application needs only .aspx, .css and .js and any other related static files. It seems like you have access to the final website files from inetpub or virtual directory. Without having access to actual code files, you will not be able to make any changes.  You may be able to use Reflector tools to view the code from compiled libraries(.dll) but copying the code into a different files could be a cumbersome task.

AFAIK, there is no other choice for you to request code files from the person whoever provided you the current set of files.

• User281315223 posted

You should be able to see your appropriate ASPX.VB files if you browse to the folder that contains your application (Right-click > Choose "Open Folder in File Explorer) as seen below :

Alternatively, you could right-click your appropriate ASPX page and choose the "View Code" option to see your cooresponding code-behind :

You typically won't see the actual code files (ASPX.VB) within Visual Studio and the best way to access it is by simply using the option above (or the F7 hotkey).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM