ASP.net within Azure Web Apps RRS feed

• Question

• User-775831949 posted

I have Office 365 Business Premium subscription and I am planning to build an ASP.Net in Azure Web Apps.

I do not want to write a login module again and thinking is it possible to easy allow a Office 365 logged in user of my company, to have auto login to my Azure Web Apps.

ie I want it to be an intranet like apps

Is this something that can be easily achieved with minimum or no coding ?

Where to set this setting ?

Or, since Business Premium has Sharepoint 365 already, should I put my ASP.net apps within Sharepoint 365 ?

I am not familiar with ASP.net within Sharepoint 365. Any easy document helping me to start ?

Many thanks in advance.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:06 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi hkbeer,

Is this something that can be easily achieved with minimum or no coding ?

Where to set this setting ?

Or, since Business Premium has Sharepoint 365 already, should I put my ASP.net apps within Sharepoint 365 ?

I am not familiar with ASP.net within Sharepoint 365. Any easy document helping me to start ?

As far as I know, the Office 365 uses the cloud-based user identity and authentication service Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage users, so we could use the Azure web app's Authentication / Authorization featue.

By using this, you could enable the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) as the auth provider and let the user access your web application without any coding.

You could directly find it in the azure portal:

More details, you could refer to below article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-web-tutorial-auth-aad#configure-auth 

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, May 13, 2019 5:26 AM