SSAS - Multiple distinct counts RRS feed

• Question

• I know its only possible to do one distinct per measure group, but is there any other way to add another distinct could?

calculated field? and how if this is possible

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:39 PM

Answers

• thanks... i know you can do that.

but i want two distinct counts in one measure group. we have a cube through excel and it will confuse users have two different measure groups

You cannot physically have two distinct counts in the one measure group. But you could try hidding one of them (if it's the only measure in the measure group then the measure group will be hidden too) - and then create a calculated measure that is associated with your main measure group that points to the hidden measure.

eg.

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.Measures.[My second distinct count] as Measures.[My hidden distinct count];

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers
    • Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, September 23, 2011 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:22 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:50 AM

All replies

• You can have multiple distinct counts, but each one has to be in its own measure group.

HTH

-Remember to mark as helpful/the answer if you agree with the post.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:53 PM

but i want two distinct counts in one measure group. we have a cube through excel and it will confuse users have two different measure groups

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:01 PM

You cannot physically have two distinct counts in the one measure group. But you could try hidding one of them (if it's the only measure in the measure group then the measure group will be hidden too) - and then create a calculated measure that is associated with your main measure group that points to the hidden measure.

eg.

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.Measures.[My second distinct count] as Measures.[My hidden distinct count];

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers
    • Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, September 23, 2011 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Thursday, October 6, 2011 9:22 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:50 AM