none
Need to remove Global Navigation buttons from the AreaNavigationSettings.aspx page. RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried all kinds of things (making the wssuc section invisible which hides them but then editing the sort order causes an error, make them individually hidden, doesn't work at all, etc.).  We do not want our individual site admins within our collection to be able to alter the global navigation settings.  Those top tabs should remain the same for everyone.  But we can't seem to figure out how to either make that section of the page disappear, or just appear greyed out, without causing the page to create errors when users adjust navigation order in other parts of the page.

Any suggestions?
    Monday, February 9, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• I can see topnav.aspx, newnav.aspx,editnav and tnreord.aspx are all pages works with Navigation
    In every page's javascript sections, check the location url whether is top site, if so, set the display to none.
    Try it and post your result.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:11 AM
  •  <script Language="javascript">
         if(window.location.href.indexOf('http://servername/_layouts/topnav.aspx')==0) // maybe ip should also be considered
         {
         document.getElementById('hiddenpartfdfdfdfd').style.display = 'none'; //hiddenpartfdfdfdfd is the id of the table in <asp:Content> tag
         }
      </script>
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:29 AM
  • I'm not sure, but I think you misunderstood.   I want the Global Navigation section on the Navigation settings page of subsites to be hidden/readonly.  Top site already has no Global Navigation selection.

I'm not a aspx expert, unfortunately, so I can only partially follow what you said.  But thanks for the reply!
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:38 PM