backward compatability issues RRS feed

• Question

• Does any one out there agree that there is a need for a backward  direcy x compatability program and if this will be added to windows vista,Id like to see a separate mode for the issues raised with direct x  post you thoughts on this matter please,john...
    Friday, March 17, 2006 2:40 PM

Answers

• Backward compat interfaces are there, just like in the latest version.  In the extremely rare case there is a breaking change, you will see it in the docs.
    Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:23 AM

All replies

• I fully agree that backwards compatability is a basic requirement of both the individual technologies as well as the OS as a whole. I've also not seen anything to indicate that backwards compatability will be broken by Windows Vista. Current (and older) versions of DirectX will get re-routed via updated interfaces (graphics and audio has changed substantially under Vista) and will work just fine...

I'm not too sure what you mean by a "DirectX Compatability Program" though? Would you elaborate?

Cheers,
    Jack

Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:32 PM
  • Backward compat interfaces are there, just like in the latest version.  In the extremely rare case there is a breaking change, you will see it in the docs.
    Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:23 AM