none
.net exe fails to connect to MySql on Windows7. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have made an application that takes IP/Host, Port, UserName, UserPassword and Database name and connects to MySQL with these provided information. I am able connect to my local mysql database through that application but when my client runs the exe (whole bin folder) on his machine which has Windows7 installed, it fails to connect to mysql.

I have tested it on one of my virtual machine on my system having same Windows 2003 server installed and also on some of my colleges machines and it WORKED on all of these. don't know what is wrong on client's machine. 

The application is made in .net framework 3.5 on window server 2003 and I am using 'MySql.Data.dll' library to connect to MySQL.

Please help. 

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

Finally my app has started working:).

The only thing that I did before my client said that its working now is that I added "MySql.Data.dll" in GAC through a cammand in cammand prompt then all of my provided apps started working. Any way its resolved now and many thanks to those who replied.

• Marked as answer by sohailraza Monday, May 9, 2011 8:03 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:03 AM

All replies

• I'll try to help by pointing you to a better forum for your question. This forum is for .NET Framework installation issues, not user project deployment issues.

Please consider posting here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/threads

For web app deployment, here:

http://forums.asp.net/26.aspx/1?Configuration+and+Deployment

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Hi sohailraza,

Thanks for your post.

First, there are several thing I would like to clarify with you:

• Do you have a setup project in your application? Is this issue related with the setup project in your application?
    • Which program language you are using?
    • Did your client connect to a local MySQL database or a remote one? Did the firewall/security settings correct in your client's PC?

If this issue is related with the setup project, I'll help to move your post to the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects Forum to get more efficient response.

Otherwise, I think this issue might related with the application itself or some security settings in the end user's environment. Therefore, I'll help to move this post to the dedicate program language forum:

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 6, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for replying.

And;

No, I dont have a setup project just providing executable files to my client and the other necessary files in the bin directory of the project.

I am using C# with framework 3.5.

yes, my client try to connects to remote MySQL database and I on my machine have tested my application all on local databases, there can be issue with connection to remote databases but I will test it. But my client says that he is able to run other apps and connects to his remote database with other .net apps and even with one of the early/initial version of this/my App (the app im having issue with).

the strange thing is that one of the version that I provided my client a week before is working all fine, and he is able to connect to mysql but when I provided him new version with some more features, it fails to connect to mysql.

Another strange thing is that when I compiled the old provided app that is working on client's machine in Visual Studio and provided him again IT FAEILD to connect. just compiled and the working app failed. Really dont know whats going on with the compilation. 

One thing that I did in this week was that I had updated my VS and Windows with latest updates so may be this is causing issue.

Any Help would be highly appreciated.

Friday, May 6, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Hi all,

Finally my app has started working:).

The only thing that I did before my client said that its working now is that I added "MySql.Data.dll" in GAC through a cammand in cammand prompt then all of my provided apps started working. Any way its resolved now and many thanks to those who replied.

• Marked as answer by sohailraza Monday, May 9, 2011 8:03 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:03 AM