none
ReportViewer dll mismatch ?? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am trying to deploy the ReportViewer control on an aspx page. I am also trying to connect to a loccaly retrieved dataset - as opposed to the one used at design time - as I want to use the same page to create different reports - depending on the parameters being passed in via the querystring.

    I have managed to make this work on my XP Dev box - but when I deploy it to my server, I get the following set of nested error messages :

    Error rendering the report: An error occurred during local report processing.    

    The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.    

    An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.    

    The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)    

    Simply by walking through the inner exceptions.

    My diagnostics tell me that I am successfully retrieving 144 rows of data from my database so its not (hopefully) a db connection issue.

    This is the chunk of code which renders the ReportViewer :


                //first extract the incoming parameters which MUST be supplied with the page request!!
                ExtractParameters();
                string ReportPath = Server.MapPath(ReportName);
                Debug.WriteLine("ReportPath=" + ReportPath);
                //now grab the data from our database
                GetData();
                rv.LocalReport.ReportPath = ReportPath;
                rv.Width = 800;
                ReportDataSource rds = new ReportDataSource(dsname + SpName, ds.Tables[0]);
                rv.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear();
                rv.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(rds);
                ReportParameter p1 = new ReportParameter("Title", ReportTitle);
                rv.LocalReport.SetParameters(new ReportParameter[] { p1 });
                PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(rv);
                Err.Text = "";


    The following are the relevant entries from the apps web.config :

            <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
            <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>


          <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>


    The defined assemblies are listed in my GAC with the same version and token (on both dev box and server).

    So - anyone got an idea why this is failing please :-O.

    NB Reporting Services is installed, but I just stopped it and this made no difference....


    Many Thanks

    Regards

    Graham


    Friday, November 2, 2007 3:25 PM

Answers

  • Anyone who may be interested,

    The problem went away when I updated my server SQLExpress to SP2 :-O.

    Well - wasted a whole bunch of time but at least its working now ;-)).

    Hope it may help someone in the future....

    Thanks

    Graham

    Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:10 PM

All replies

  • Have you applied the ReportViewer Sp1 patch to the machines that are doing (hosting) rendering?? I had a problem that generated a similar error (I don't recall the particulars) and I finally stumbled on the patch as the solution.

     

    I'm not claiming the patch *is* the solution nor that I understand your issue. I don't have the time to ponder it, I'm just brainstorming. Good luck.

    Friday, November 2, 2007 10:24 PM
  • El Delo,

    Thanks for the response. As far as I can tell I have the latest version installed. I downloaded the full install including SP1 and my dll's return 8.0.50727.817 as their version.

    NB I also downloaded the SP1 upgrade but when run, this is inconclusive as it says I don't have a version to upgrade, BUT in its log it refers to 8.0.50728 - does this mean its looking for 8.0.50728 to upgrade or what - thanks Microsoft, not very helpful.

    Normally there is a version listing defining the latest versions - but I have not yet found this for these dll's :-((.

    Thanks though - maybe MS will jump in and answer this one - or I will open up one of my MSDN support requests maybe :-O.

    Regards

    Graham

    Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Anyone who may be interested,

    The problem went away when I updated my server SQLExpress to SP2 :-O.

    Well - wasted a whole bunch of time but at least its working now ;-)).

    Hope it may help someone in the future....

    Thanks

    Graham

    Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:10 PM