none
Can I use monogames and Visual Studio community edition to sell games?

Question

• I want to know if I can sell games made by my two to three person organization if I use visual studio 2015 community edition with mono game. Will the license allow for that?

Thursday, June 09, 2016 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Mrhill7,

Please take a look at this about "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS“

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/mt171547.aspx

Based on my understanding. If you are an individual working on your own applications to sell or for any other purpose, you may use the software to develop and test those applications.

Then up to 5 of your individual users can use the software concurrently to develop and test your applications

And for your situation. I think you can sell the software since only two or three person made this game.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by Mrhill7 Friday, June 10, 2016 2:18 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

as far I know can you use it also for commercial use for up to 5 persons.

I’m not a lawyer or something similar. So I can not and will not give warranty that this is correct or will match to your situation.

In case of doubts please contact Microsoft directly.

Regards,

David

Thursday, June 09, 2016 6:08 PM
  • Hi Mrhill7,

Please take a look at this about "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS“

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/mt171547.aspx

Based on my understanding. If you are an individual working on your own applications to sell or for any other purpose, you may use the software to develop and test those applications.

Then up to 5 of your individual users can use the software concurrently to develop and test your applications

And for your situation. I think you can sell the software since only two or three person made this game.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by Mrhill7 Friday, June 10, 2016 2:18 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 6:34 AM