none
Mouse inputs freeze when Visual Studio window is minimized

Question

• My program takes user inputs other than a mouse to move the cursor.

When I minimize the coding window the cursor position is frozen and no longer responds to the codes inputs.  I am able to unlock it using the mouse and then maximize the window again and it works until the coding window is minimized again.I suspect I need to move the SendInput calls to a non-GUI thread.

Please tell me what code I need to move the SendInput calls to a non-GUI thread.

Thank you

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:19 PM

Answers

• Thanks for Ashidacchi's reply.

Hi dpwoods,

Please provide the information that Ashidacchi asked which can help us understanding your problem. If possible, please tell us what type of project, what language and provide detailed steps to let us reproduce your problem in our side.

Please create a new project to check whether this problem occurs with all projects or just this specific project.

If just this project, please move the project files to new project one by one to check which one causes this problem.

If for all projects, please run Visual Studio with administrator first and then run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. If still has this issue, please reset all settings/repair your Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi dpwoods,

Would you inform the further detail?
    e.g....
      1. version/edition of your Windows
      2. of your Visual Studio
      3. when the cursor position is frozen, in editing your code, or debugging?
      etc....

Regards.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Thanks for Ashidacchi's reply.

Hi dpwoods,

Please provide the information that Ashidacchi asked which can help us understanding your problem. If possible, please tell us what type of project, what language and provide detailed steps to let us reproduce your problem in our side.

Please create a new project to check whether this problem occurs with all projects or just this specific project.

If just this project, please move the project files to new project one by one to check which one causes this problem.

If for all projects, please run Visual Studio with administrator first and then run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. If still has this issue, please reset all settings/repair your Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:59 AM