The width of the SettingsPane?

Question

• How do I get the width of the SettingsPane?

Because I want to add a SettingsCommand to the SettingsPane, clicking the SettingsCommand will bring a "Preferences" popup which has the same size as the SettingsPane.

Edit: I don't know if it is the right way to use a popup to show a "Preferences" pane with some toggle buttons.  I have referred to Creating custom settings pane xaml windows 8, that is about custom settings pane, but all I want is actually a normal settings pane. So my question is, how to add some toggle buttons to the SettingsPane? Is there a good example?

Thank you,

• Edited by kennyzx Friday, April 27, 2012 2:39 AM edit hyperlink
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• The width is 346px
    • Edited by Olivier MatisMVP Friday, April 27, 2012 12:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by kennyzx Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:57 AM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 12:39 PM
  • @Olivier,

I never thought it is a fixed value, thanks.

• Edited by kennyzx Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:58 AM typo
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:57 AM
  • One more question, how to get the background brush of SettingsPane? I think it is something like “{StaticResource BackgroundBrush}".
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:58 AM
  • According to the Guidelines for app Settings the flyout can be either 346 px or 646 px wide and appear on either the right or the left side of the screen depending on the system.

Echoing kennyzx original questions... are there not ways to programmatically check the size, color, position etc.. at runtime?

If XAML developers are expected to build their own Flyouts for settings that are suppose to conform to the guidelines it would be handy to have ways to correctly set the values necessary.

Are the system resource colors used by the SettingsPane either accessible or documented somewhere? 

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:06 AM
  • There are no system resource colors for the settings pane. Your app should use your own branded colors.

--Rob

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:12 AM
    Owner