none
Visual Studio Data Set with Dynamic Where Clause

Question

• I have created at VB.Net application using Visual Studio 2015.  I have added a DataSet to my application and wanted to know if there was a way to create a dynamic Where clause in My Select Statement?  Below is my CURRENT Select Statement.  I want to Know that Can I have a Parameter From my Application determine which field to use in my Where Clause?  Example, If the Parameter Returns a value of 1 Then "Where UseForMaint = 1"  If the Parameter Returns a value of 0 Then "Where UseForWhse = 1".  The Parameter value determines WHICH field to use in the Where Clause.  I hope that this makes sense? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

SELECT        AttendCode, AttendanceCodeDesc, AutoNum, CodeColor, UpdatedBy, UpdateDate, PointValue, MultiDate, SpecialPermission, IsVisible, Comments, UseForAttendance,
                              UseForWhse, UseForMaint, WhsePointValue, MaintPointValue, UseForAttend_Leave
    FROM            AttendanceCodes
    ORDER BY AttendanceCodeDesc

Paul

Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:51 PM

Answers

• Maybe try this:

WHERE (@Parameter=1 AND UseForMaint = 1) OR (@Parameter=0 AND UseForWhse = 1)

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Paul 2 U Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:24 PM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:11 PM

All replies

• Maybe try this:

WHERE (@Parameter=1 AND UseForMaint = 1) OR (@Parameter=0 AND UseForWhse = 1)

• Edited by Viorel_MVP Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Paul 2 U Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:24 PM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:11 PM
  • Thank you so much.  This is exactly what i was looking for.  Works Great.

Paul

Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:24 PM