none
Evaluation Period Ended/Expired for Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 via MSDN

Question

• A user in my organization is an MSDN subscriber with a Visual Studio subscription, but every time he opens VS and tries to sign in he gets an error saying: "Your evaluation period has ended. Your extended trial has expired. License with an online account or a product key." This version of MS VS 2015 does not use product keys, and his account has always been subscribed to Visual Studio through MSDN. How can he fix an expired license? I've read that it should automatically update if he signs in using his active subscription, but it never works.

He has tried:

1. Signing out and signing in

2. Uninstalling Visual Studio, redownloading, and signing in

3. Removing the account and adding it back

He can't use another Microsoft Account because we wouldn't be able to associate it to the new account and give him MSDN privileges. What can we do?

Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:11 PM

Answers

• Thanks for Brian Muth's reply.

Hi kfernandez,

Please check your MSDN subscription first to confirm it won't expired soon. If the subscription will expired, please renew your MSDN subscription. If not, please try Brian Muth's suggestion to check what will happen if you click the Register Product and Re-enter your credentials.

In addition, do you find "Check for an Updated license" hyper link? Please click this link to update your license. And please install the Update 2 for you Visual Studio 2015, which you can get from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update2-vs.aspx

I still want to recommand you connect to the MSDN subscription to check whetehr there has any issue with your account.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, April 1, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• It's not clear to me if he has clicked on "Help", "Register Product", or, if the Personalization Account dialog box is displayed, if he clicked on "Re-enter your credentials".
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:56 PM
  • Thanks for Brian Muth's reply.

Hi kfernandez,

Please check your MSDN subscription first to confirm it won't expired soon. If the subscription will expired, please renew your MSDN subscription. If not, please try Brian Muth's suggestion to check what will happen if you click the Register Product and Re-enter your credentials.

In addition, do you find "Check for an Updated license" hyper link? Please click this link to update your license. And please install the Update 2 for you Visual Studio 2015, which you can get from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update2-vs.aspx

I still want to recommand you connect to the MSDN subscription to check whetehr there has any issue with your account.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, April 1, 2016 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

I just tried to enter the new portal and in the product keys menu found the Visual Studio enterprise and there was an option to claim a key.

I used that key and my issue was resolved (at least for now).

Hope this helps.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:06 AM