i wrote the folowing build script

1) checks out files

2) make the build

3) check in the files back

here is the code which i wrote:

<TF>&quot;$(TeamBuildRefPath)\..\tf.exe&quot;</TF>

</PropertyGroup>

<Target Name="BeforeCompile>

<Exec WorkingDirectory = "$(SolutionRoot)" Command = "$(TF) Checkout $(SolutionRoot)\Src\AppServer\Binaries /recursive "/>

</Target>

<Target Name = "AfterCompile">

<Exec WorkingDirectory = "$(SolutionRoot)" Command = "$(TF) Checkin $(SolutionRoot)\Src\AppServer\Binaries /noprompt /recursive /override:&quot;Auto-Build: Version Update&quot; /comment:&quot;Auto-Build: Version Update&quot; "/>

</Target>

my problems are

1) to check in files that wasnt changed

2) how do i cause the TFSbuild even if it fails, to check in the files and not leave the dll's in the source checked out and locked??? after the build fail???

and i get there no files to check in error

Thanks alot

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:50 PM

Answers

• Based on the standard TeamBuild Targets file there are two targets designed to be overridden when a build breaks.  These targets are:

<!-- Override this target to plugin custom tasks before handling BuildBreak target -->
      <Target Name="BeforeOnBuildBreak" />

<!-- Override this target to plugin custom tasks after BuildBreak target -->
      <Target Name="AfterOnBuildBreak" />

You should be able to override either of these targets and check in (or undo pending changes) on your files.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:53 PM

All replies

• Based on the standard TeamBuild Targets file there are two targets designed to be overridden when a build breaks.  These targets are:

<!-- Override this target to plugin custom tasks before handling BuildBreak target -->
      <Target Name="BeforeOnBuildBreak" />

<!-- Override this target to plugin custom tasks after BuildBreak target -->
      <Target Name="AfterOnBuildBreak" />

You should be able to override either of these targets and check in (or undo pending changes) on your files.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 7:53 PM
  • OK

so im prity new with the teambuild

so

1) what is the targets file?? where can i find it?

2) can i have sample code regarding to the code which i wrote for check in???

thnks alot

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:20 PM
  • Answer to 1)

The targets file defines default tasks and targets that are included in Team Build. You can find the targets file at MSBuildExtensionsPath\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v8.0\TeamBuild\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets. Note that this is used by all builds running on your computer.

Swaha

Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:47 PM
  • any answer to this phase???

2) can i have sample code regarding to the code which i wrote for check in???

thnks alot

Friday, December 29, 2006 4:38 PM
  • For how-to extend targets with custom tasks, please refer the following:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337604(VS.80).aspx

Swaha

Friday, December 29, 2006 5:54 PM
  • For question 2, you should be able to use your existing check-in code with a new target.  For example:

<Target Name = "AfterOnBuildBreak">
        <Exec WorkingDirectory = "$(SolutionRoot)" Command = "$(TF) Checkin $(SolutionRoot)\Src\AppServer\Binaries /noprompt /recursive /override:&quot;Auto-Build: Version Update&quot; /comment:&quot;Auto-Build: Version Update&quot; "/>
    </Target>

In the above example, the AfterOnBuildBreak target is overridden and will perform a check-in if the build fails.

If you would rather "undo" pending changes of a build failure (instead of checking in) use the undo command.  For example:

<Target Name = "AfterOnBuildBreak">
        <Exec WorkingDirectory = "$(SolutionRoot)" Command = "$(TF) Undo

$(SolutionRoot)\Src\AppServer\Binaries /noprompt /recursive "/>
    </Target>

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 1:21 PM