none
project server 2010: check if project is checkedout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to check if a project is already checkedout (a PSI function perhaps)? Because I have several checkins and checkouts for the same project and I am sometimes getting the CICOCheckedOutInAnotherSession so I need a code to check if the project is already checked out before I check it out again.

Thanks,
    George
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi George,

if you read the project/project status with PSI you can check the Project table if the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY column has a value (row.IsPROJ_CHECKOUTBYNull()).

Greets
    Maik 

• Marked as answer by geo_d Monday, February 21, 2011 7:57 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi George,

Use a try -- catch block, with
    catch(FaultException fault)
    {
    }

Then write yourself an error message if the error is CICOCheckedOutInAnotherSession. For an example, see QueueCrteateProject.

Alternately, catch the exception, and then offer to force check-in (and potentially lose work in the other session). ProjTool has examples, if you can wade through it's source.

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, February 18, 2011 12:34 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Hi Jim,

This is useful but I need something to check if the project is already checkedout then wait for the project to get checkedin so that I will be able to checkout the project again. Do you think this is possible? How?

Thanks,
    George

Friday, February 18, 2011 6:53 AM
  • Hi George,

if you read the project/project status with PSI you can check the Project table if the PROJ_CHECKOUTBY column has a value (row.IsPROJ_CHECKOUTBYNull()).

Greets
    Maik 

• Marked as answer by geo_d Monday, February 21, 2011 7:57 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 7:22 AM