none
Error System.IO File Not Found Exception when i try to run a program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i got a problem recently, i have been updating my windows XP these days trying the optional software updates cuz i already got all the critical windows XP updates. 

So i installed .NET Framework 3.5 and .Net Framework 4.0 yesterday and after that i got the warning that i needed to install some critical updates for .Net Framework 4.0 and i did it.

I tested it and everything was working better than ever, pretty smooth. So today i checked that there was still 5 updates left releated with .Net Framework, these are the ones :

- Microsoft .NET Framework versión 1.1 (español)

- Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2836941)

- Microsoft Update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2533523)

- Microsoft Update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2468871)

- Microsoft Update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2600217)

Then i installed these updates but testing my PC i found that everything was working pretty slow and choppy. Later, I decided to undo the last Windows Update, i used the restoration point created before installing these updates.

I got my PC running smooth and fast again, everthing is working fine except that when i try to run an internet tv program i got an error message related with System.IO file not found exception.

The complete message is pretty long, but it starts link this :

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : internettv.exe     P2 : 7.6.0.0     P3 : 4fc62f20
    P4 : internettv     P5 : 7.6.0.0     P6 : 4fc62f20     P7 : 168     P8 : 36f
    P9 : system.io.filenotfoundexception

I didn t try anything to fix this, yet. I still can undo the restoration process if it s nessesary and i have some older restoration points as well.

The internet tv program has in its requiments : .Net Framework 1.1 and Microsoft Visual c++ 2005 redistributable Package

Both are installed in my PC.

Please, i just want to fix this issue and get my PC running like yesterday.

Hope someone can help me with this.
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Steven, i found a blog with some tips about how to fix .Net Framework problems.

So i followed the steps and first, tried the repair .Net Framework option in the add/remove programs, after reparing .Net Framework 3.5 i got my internet tv program working again.

Thx for your help.

PD : I didn t post the link for that blog cuz i can t post links in this forum yet.
    • Marked as answer by Edward_Elric Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Edward_Elric,

It seems you're encountering some setup & installing issue with .NET Framework related updates. The error message (FileNotFound exception) indicate that the program cannot find certain files. If the error is due to some application specific file (not OS or .NET runtime ones) missing, you can try using Process Monitor tool to check what files are the program looking for:

#Process Monitor v3.05
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

For .NET 1.1 and VS 2005 redistributable package, you can download and install them separately (if you want to remove it and perform reinstall).

#Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

#Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387

However, since the problem is related to the internet TV program you're using, I would highly recommend that you contact the TV program's producer to see if there is any known issue after upgrading your system to higher version of .NET Framework. If so, you can confirm with them about if you need to remove the certain .NET updates or install any hotfix about the program.

In addition, for .NET Framework setup related issues, you can try posting in the following forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=netfxsetup

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Hi Steven, i found a blog with some tips about how to fix .Net Framework problems.

So i followed the steps and first, tried the repair .Net Framework option in the add/remove programs, after reparing .Net Framework 3.5 i got my internet tv program working again.

Thx for your help.

PD : I didn t post the link for that blog cuz i can t post links in this forum yet.
    • Marked as answer by Edward_Elric Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:53 PM