none
Windows Tablet recommendation. RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone recommend a windows tablet that will run the Kinnect?  I know the hardware requirements but cant find one that has all of them.  Thanks for your help in advance.

• 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor
    • Dual-core 2.66-GHz or faster processor
    • Dedicated USB 2.0 bus
    • 2 GB RAM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 4:51 PM

All replies

• For best performance you need all the requirements and although a 1.5 ghz with windows 7 embedded will work its not guareenteed everything will work and if it does you might have some fancy calculations/skeleton graphics to help you with debugging missing.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

• Proposed as answer by The Thinker Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:46 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:46 PM
  • I have 1.4 GHz and seems like everything is working fine. Only problem is it's consuming around 95% of CPU usage which is way too high. So I believe you should have atleast around 1.8 GHz to work fine and seamless unless you develop an application which is heavy (then you would have to go higher than 2.0 GHz)

Chintan

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:52 PM
  • Yes high cpu usage is what you dont want in a company though because the product reliability is much less because of the cpu stress put on it and with 95% cpu usage it would look like the computer is hanging and make people think it crashed. You need to think about its "real life usage" chintan because I work in a school system with those people that click first and ask questions later and I know what its like so we tend to stay away from anything below 2.0 ghz because its cheap to get 2.0ghz now. My msi laptop was somewhere between 400-500 dollars  after taxes because it was on sale and was 2.0 ghz.  

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Yes, 1.4 GHz is certainly not enough.

I don't know why there is such a high requirement for the Kinect device to run. There are not lot of people out there (At least for rest of the World) who has more than 2.0 GHz. Could have been optimize it and make it little lighter so that it can be widely adopted around the world. Well this is just my thought. But certainly Kinect is amazing device which can be helpful in many cases.

Chintan

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:36 PM
  • But i wonder if they are clear about requirements because that would exclude dul or quad cores right? Because dual core cpus its double the ghz. for example, 1.5 ghz would double to 3.0 ghz total because of double processors or at least thats what im told.

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:13 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:13 PM