Error with FBWF Management Tool RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 installed and I ran the updates and got the FBWF Management Tool installed as well, but once the FBWF is enabled the FBWF Management Tool will randomly crash with this error and also seems to be really slow to respond.

Here is a screenshot of the error.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/814/fbwferror.jpg/

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:06 PM

All replies

• Can you try to install the latest binaries from “Window Embedded Standard 7 SP1 June 2011 Feature Update”.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/embedded/archive/2011/07/08/new-feature-updates-for-standard-7-are-now-on-ece.aspx

--- Sergey

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:31 PM
  • Is the “Window Embedded Standard 7 SP1 June 2011 Feature Update” included in the Windows Embedded Developer Update program ? That is how I have gotten all my updates so far.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Check the version of the file %Windir%\System32\fbwfprovider.dll.

OOB RTM version is 1.0.262.0.

The KB2570814 versions are 1.0.329.0 or 1.0.343.0. It depends on SKU WES7 RTM or SP1.
    KB2570814:

This update fixes the following issues:

FBWFAPI by design does not allow multiple commands to be executed at the same time and it returns a clear error. The fix introduces locks in the FBWF Write Filter Provider’s FBWFAPI calls, and all parallel requests will get served without errors returned.

The cache detail (changed or added files in the FBWF cache) file can be flushed from the cache in the timespan between FbwfCacheDetail instantiation and property data gathering, which results in property data gathering returning an unexpected error.  

The event notification threshold values in FBWF are inverted.

---Sergey

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:58 PM
  • I ran Windows Embedded Developer Update program and it found an update for the FBWF Management Tool from June so I downloaded and installed it, and then copy the new Distribution Share to my USB stick and installed everything again, but fbwfprovider.dll still shows as version is 1.0.262.0.

What am I missing?
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:00 PM
  • If you download July 2011 Optional Updates DVD for WES7 and POS7 from ECE there is readme.txt.

Here is one of the instructions from this file:

Import the fix into your Distribution Share (offline installation) and add the fix to your Answer File or a new image:

Import the KB into your private DS using ICE.

Add the Update to your Answer File in ICE:

Open your Answer File.

On the Validate menu, select 'Add Applicable Updates'.

This KB fix will be added to your Answer File if Windows Embedded Edition is included in the Answer File.

---Sergey

Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:55 AM