Updating the XSD used by XML source RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the XML source component with an autogenerated XSD. There's a small error in the XSD definition, the ID column is defined as unsigned short instead of non-negative integer. I've changed this in the XSD file itself, and renamed it but the DTSX package keeps failing with an error that 
    the id value is to large.
    Obviously it's still using the old XSD instead of then new one. How do I fix this?
    (The XSD location in the XML component is referring to the correct XSD file)
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:14 AM

Answers

• The exact error is :"[XML Source [1]] Error: The value was too large to fit in the output column "AccommodatieId" (6644). "

The value is 135321, in the old XSD the field is defined as unsignedshort, in the new XSD it's NonNegativeInteger

Anyway, I figured it out. You apparently can't update your XSD definitions since it just ignores the changes, you need to rename the file.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:24 AM

All replies

• In BIDS If it comes up with a warning click on the warning and follow the instructions

if no warning

on the data source edit and refresh

you will then have to re-fresh the destination as well

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:41 PM
  • This is not because of the XSD file and no need to refresh also.

What is the exact error message you get ?

Can you send that Error Message ?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:57 PM

• The exact error is :"[XML Source [1]] Error: The value was too large to fit in the output column "AccommodatieId" (6644). "

The value is 135321, in the old XSD the field is defined as unsignedshort, in the new XSD it's NonNegativeInteger

Anyway, I figured it out. You apparently can't update your XSD definitions since it just ignores the changes, you need to rename the file.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:24 AM